Family Law Fargo | O'Keeffe O'Brien Lyson Attorneys

I Want to See My Grandchildren, but My Adult Son/Daughter Won’t Let Me. What Can I Do?

lonely grandparent family law attorney fargo

A grandparent can play an important and prominent role in any child’s life. They can be an extra set of hands to help raise the child, they can be someone to share stories and laughs, and they can be a loving support system. However, if grandparents aren’t allowed to see their grandchild or grandchildren for any number of reasons, they are denied those opportunities.

If you find yourself being denied the chance to see your grandchildren by your adult son or daughter, what can you do about it?

Visitation Rights

In North Dakota, grandparents may be granted “reasonable visitation rights” if it is in the best interest of the child. The amount of visitation you receive and the circumstances of each case vary greatly.

Protect Your Rights

If you want to see your grandchildren, but are unable to because your adult son or daughter is not allowing you to, Tracy Lyson is an experienced family law attorney who can help. Call 701-235-8000 or 877-235-8002 today!