Disputes involving family members are stressful and confusing. Because many of these disputes involve and impact children, property ownership, financial stability and emotional health, family law cases are sensitive and complex. By working with our experienced, successful compassionate family law attorneys, you will receive the best professional guidance while having a partner who will work alongside you to find the most favorable outcome for your situation. We serve clients in North Dakota and Minnesota. We are recognized as outstanding family law attorneys.
Our experienced family law attorney team can advise you through areas such as:
- Divorce: Divorces can be stressful and emotionally overwhelming. An experienced family law attorney who understands the ins and outs of divorce law, including division of property, child support, child custody, and alimony issues, can help guide you through the process. If you are looking for an experienced, successful divorce lawyer in Fargo or Moorhead of the surrounding area, call 701-235-8000.
- Child Custody, Residential Responsibility & Parenting Time: Disputes over the custody or residential responsibility of children can make a difficult situation worse. An experienced child custody attorney can help you fight for your parental rights. If you are looking for a divorce attorney in Fargo, ND, call us at 701-235-8000.
- Adoption: Adoption laws vary by state. By seeking guidance from an adoption attorney well-versed in North Dakota and Minnesota adoption laws, you can be certain the process will go smoothly – whether you are filing for adoption or putting your child up for adoption.
- Child Support: A subsection of custody disputes, child support can be a very sensitive and detail-oriented part of family law. Working with a family law attorney through the process can help you get the best outcome. If you want an experienced, compassionate child custody lawyer to represent you, please call 701-235-8000.
- Paternity: Establishing the paternity of a child is sometimes a necessary first step in matters concerning child custody, child support, and visitation. If or when paternity is established, a knowledgeable family law attorney can help you understand these legal responsibilities and rights to your child.
- Grandparent’s Rights: Grandparents deserve to have relationships with their grandchildren. In the event that you have a restricted relationship with your grandkids, you can work with an attorney well versed in family law to regain appropriate visitation rights.
- Prenup/Post-Nuptial Agreements: In the event of a divorce, prenuptial or post-nuptial agreements are contracts that provide a clear definition of property ownership, spousal support and other legal rights. Working with an attorney experienced in prenuptial agreements to create these agreements can help couples avoid unnecessary legal costs and time in the event of separation.
- Protection Orders: If you feel unsafe due to a domestic abuse situation, it is time to consider filing a protection order. Our family lawyers and the team can assist you if you are in an abusive situation to protect yourself from those who are threatening your well-being.
Your family law case deserves the most experienced lawyers willing to guide you through the changes your family is facing. Contact a knowledgeable and caring family law attorney at O’Keeffe O’Brien Lyson Attorneys to ensure you are receiving the best guidance on the next steps of your family’s future. If you are searching for divorce lawyers near you, contact or call Tracy Lyson at 701-235-8000 or 877-235-8002.