Tracy J. Lyson
In the practice of family law, being assertive is a significant attribute. If you need legal representation for divorce, custody, visitation or child support issues, talk with Tracy Lyson.
Strong, experienced, knowledgeable, and assertive; these are all words past clients use when describing Tracy. She’s earned her stripes by strongly advocating for her clients.
Tracy concentrates her practice in family/domestic law and civil litigation in both North Dakota and Minnesota. She provides a wide range of services to clients. She litigates complex divorce and custody actions, post-judgment child custody and visitation disputes and child support actions. She also negotiates divorce and custody agreements. She also specializes in a new concept for divorcing couples – Collaborative Law.
Tracy earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies from the University of Minnesota Moorhead in 2002, and graduated with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law. While in law school, Tracy was the student articles editor of the North Dakota Law Review and published a case comment entitled, Tracy J. Lyson, Constitutional Law – Equal Protection of Laws: The Equal Protection Challenge to the Medical Malpractice Statute of Repose in North Dakota, 80 N.D.L.Rev. 175 (2004). After law school, she was a law clerk for the East Central Judicial District Court prior to joining the firm in September, 2006.
- Member – Northern Cass PTO
- Sunday School Teacher – Olivet Luthern Church
- Mayor – Argusville, ND
Admitted to Practice in
- State Courts in North Dakota
- Federal Courts in North Dakota
- State Courts in Minnesota
- Federal Courts in Minnesota
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Cass County Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- State Bar Assocation of Minnesota
- Ronald Davies Inn of Court
- ND Collaborative Law Group