Tim was a founding partner when the firm opened in 2003. He is currently president of the firm.
Tim O’Keeffe focuses on the best result possible for his clients. In matters of serious injury, total vindication is a hard thing to attain. But Tim’s years of experience and success as a legal advocate have earned him a sterling reputation. He’s known as a determined, passionate attorney who dedicates his attention to his clients.
Tim O’Keeffe grew up in Mandan, North Dakota. He graduated from Jamestown College in 1995 with a Bachelor’s Degree in History and Political Science. Tim went on to earn his law degree from the Hamline University School of Law in 1998. Upon graduating, Tim moved to Fargo where he served as the Fargo city prosecutor and was a partner at another Fargo law firm.
Tim has an extensive amount of experience handling civil and criminal trials. Currently, his practice areas include serious personal injury, wrongful death, business/commercial litigation, and criminal defense.
Tim is an advocate for justice for his clients but he is also very involved in professional organizations that help advocate for change on the state and national levels as well.
- President of the North Dakota Association of Justice 2013-2014. He continues to serve on the Executive Committee of the Board of Governors
- Tim was appointed in 2014 to the Board of Governors of the American Association of Justice (formerly known as the American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Member of the Injury Board – a national organization of trial attorneys focused on improving their practices through education and local community involvement
Tim is active in his community having served on various committees civic, recreational, and charitable organizations.
- Coached several youth athletic teams in Fargo
- Served as an officer in the El Zagal Shrine
- Served as on the board of directors of the Fargo Children’s Museum
- Board member of the Fargo Country Club 2009 – 2015
- University of Jamestown Alumni Association board member 2014- present
Professional Experience Examples
- Judgment in the wrongful death of a child in a car accident ($900,000)
- Settlement for 55-year-old motorcycle driver hit by car ($125,000)
- Settlement of wrongful death of a child in a motorcycle accident (confidential)
- Settlement of lawsuit for family of young female killed by defective air bag and seat belt in low speed crash (confidential)
- Settlement of federal lawsuit for 40 year-old male suffering spine injury due to defective air bag in pick-up (confidential)
- Settlement of wrongful death/medical malpractice of an 82 year-old female for failure to diagnose an injury that occurred during surgery (confidential)
- Mediation resulting in settlement for teenager sexually assaulted by guard at juvenile detention center ($300,000)
- Settlement of sexual assault of two females in a correctional facility (confidential)
- Settlement of wrongful death of 60 year-old male who killed himself while on suicide watch at mental facility (confidential)
- Jury verdict in North Dakota Federal court for small local business against large racing organization for intentional interference with business ($375,000)
- Settlement for insurance policy limits for male that lost his arm in a car accident (confidential)
- Settlement for 28 year-old female who was wrongfully diagnosed with cancer and underwent unnecessary surgery to remove lymph nodes (confidential)
- Represented infant girl who suffered brachial plexis injury during birth due to negligence of delivering physician
- Represented victims of the Anhydrous Ammonia spill in the Minot train derailment
- Represented individuals injured from the use of prescription drugs such as Fen-Phen, Baycol and Vioxx
- Settled for 13 victims of gas explosion in house resulting in severe burns and PTSD
- Represented numerous individuals involving motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, defective products, and wrongful death
- Obtained settlements for victims of dangerous and defective medical devices
- (Past results do not guarantee future performance. Each case is different)
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Criminal Defense
Admitted to Practice in
- North Dakota
- Federal courts
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- American Association for Justice
- Cass County Bar Association
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Clay County Bar Association