Sean T. Foss
Zealous advocacy on behalf of clients and a core competence in the law: it’s what you want in a business contract lawyer who focuses on commercial litigation and it’s what you get in Sean Foss. Sean is one of the rare lawyers who is equally comfortable representing a client in the courtroom and researching and writing legal briefs. Sean practices in all areas of business litigation, with a primary focus on commercial litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Sean clerked for Justice Carol Kapsner at the North Dakota Supreme Court.
Sean graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif for finishing in the top ten percent of his class. Sean was also a regional finalist at the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, which is the largest moot court competition in the nation. Prior to law school, Sean graduated magna cum laude from the University of North Dakota, earning degrees in history and political science. While at UND, Sean worked as a reporter and editor at The Dakota Student.
- Commercial Litigation
- UCC Article 2, 3 and 9 Disputes
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- General Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Corporate/Partnership Disputes
Admitted to Practice in
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Cass County Bar Association
- Past President – North Dakota Young Lawyers Section
- State Bar Association of Minnesota
- Clay County Bar Association
- Member – North Dakota Joint Procedure Committee
- Member – North Dakota Ethics Committee